The psychology meaning of the color black, what does black imply and how does it influence us. If black is your favorite color what does it say about your personality?
The color black is often associated with wealth, intelligence, seriousness, negativity, evil, the unknown, formality, death and power.
Black is also associated with style. Black suits are often worn by business men and women, a black suit implies seriousness and professionalism. Black is a very versatile color that is very suitable for many situations, such as in business, weddings and in our social and personal life.
There is much mystery connected to the color black, black hides things and absorbs other colors. It can also be a very effective color for making other colors stand out.
What does it mean to wear black or own a black car
Black often looks good and professional to wear so it probably means that they take a great deal of pride in their appearance. Black is not an attention seeking color, so the wearer is perhaps not looking to stand out. Because they’re not looking for attention or approval their desire to look good is largely due to personal pride, to look good for themselves first rather than trying to impress others. It may also suggest a need for privacy and being secretive.
Black is a very common color for cars which may suggest conventional thinking and looking to conform to societal norms, a strong desire to be normal and to fit in.
Your personality if black is your favorite color
- You are a serious person, you may struggle to let yourself go and enjoy yourself.
- You are a very independent person, you like to do things for yourself and rarely ask others for help.
- You are not in touch with your emotions, your mind naturally suppresses your feelings and desires.
- You have a rebellious nature, you dislike authority and being told what to do.
- You like to feel strong and powerful.
- You like to keep things to yourself, privacy is important to you and you like to keep a certain amount of mystery about yourself.
- You don’t easily get close to people, you put up walls and barriers to protect yourself.
The positive influences and traits of black
Black is a very strong powerful color that demands seriousness and respect. It can be an intimidating color which also suggests discipline.
Black is associated with elegance, style, wealth and sophistication. Black almost always looks good and sleek.
Black, like red is associated with seduction and sexuality, however black is less obvious about it. It has the combination of attraction, mysteriousness and dominance.
Negative traits or connections of the color black
Bad or evil
Often linked to and represented in story telling as evil, the light side and the dark side, the good and the bad.
Black can be a depressing color. It has obvious connections with actual death or the end of things, the end of a situation or the end of an era.