Brown like green is a color connected to life, growth and the color of the earth.
Brown in color psychology is a color of sincerity, honesty and loyalty, it relates to maturity and being sensible.
It’s a combination of a few different colors, including, orange, yellow, red, green, blue and purple. Its characteristics are made up of all these different colors. Browns meaning changes depending on which of these colors is more dominate.
Similar to green, brown is also associated with nature and natural organic health products. Also it has strong associations to the great outdoors and farming as well as luxury and elegance.
Brown is definitely not the most popular color there is, it can appear to many people to be unattractive, boring, dull, simple and uninteresting.
In the modern western world you don’t get many people wearing brown, with a few exceptions it is not a very attractive color to wear. It may mean that someone wasn’t fashion conscious and not focused on their appearance, probably an intuitive personality. Not a great deal of thought going into what they wear or how they are being perceived. However there’s always exceptions to this, a women wearing a brown dress to match her eyes. This would show she has a strong interest in her appearance.
What does it say about your personality to like brown, or if it’s your favorite color?
- It could suggest that you are down to earth, practical and straight talking.
- Brown is a color that has strong connections to the earth, It may suggest that someone likes the great outdoors and is not afraid to get their feet dirty, or hands for that matter.
- Brown is not an attention seeking color which could indicate an introverted personality, not seeking to be noticed.
- Brown is a friendly and welcoming color which probably means you have a friendly approachable personality.
- It may mean that you are responsible, trust worthy, confident but not forth coming about it.
- You like the basics, home life, family and physical contact.
- You are cautious when it comes to spending money, you only buy what you need, you focus on the necessities in life.
- You are mostly thoughtful about choices in life, thinking in depth before making a decision or acting.
What are the affects and influences that brown has on us?
The color brown encourages feelings of safety and security.
It can seem dull, boring perhaps even depressing and uninspiring.
Shades of brown
Light brown – honest, friendly, welcoming, stable.
Dark brown – dull, sad, decreases energy, mature, predictable.