What is the psychology and meaning of the color green, what influences and associations does it have, and if green is your favorite color what does it mean in regards to your personality and motivations?
Green is one of the three additive (Light) primary colors, known as the RGB color model.
The color green is the color of nature, growth, life and health. Green is often used for packaging in natural health products, it also implies safety.
When we think of green it also triggers thoughts of peace, harmony and calmness. It’s also believed to create a balance between emotions and the logical mind.
Green is one of my favorite colors, at the same time it’s also one of my least favorite colors depending on the shade. It’s not a very popular color for interior design or cars, especially dark green as it can appear dull and unattractive.
Dark green like dark blue is a serious none attention seeking color, which is often used for uniforms and equipment in the military.
Green personality is reserved, peaceful and at one with the natural world. Green is also emotional, focuses on the big picture, cares a great deal about the planet and the creatures that live on that planet.
Wearing Green or Owning a Green Car
Dark green is not a color that attracts attention, suggesting someone is not seeking to be noticed. They are more likely to be reserved and serious in character, not caring too much about their appearance and they value their privacy and alone time. It could also suggest conventional or conservative thinking, with a natural impulse to keep with traditions.
Lighter shades of green could suggest a strong desire to be unique, with an intuitive personality. Lighter shades would show a greater interest in appearances and aesthetics. It could suggest a more out going and creative personality that gains energy from external stimuli.
Personality if Green is your Favorite Color
- You look for balance in your life and you seek a stable mind set and way of thinking.
- You are a naturally generous and caring person, you often put other peoples needs before your own.
- You have a love for nature and all things natural.
- You think a great deal before you act, not what you would call impulsive.
- You find it hard to hide your true feelings, you are fairly easy to read, you wear your heart on your sleeve.
- Your personal ethics and your moral standards are very important to you, you have a natural impulse to do the right thing.
- You like to learn, and you normally pick up things very quickly.
- You know yourself well and you don’t like being told what to do, naturally resist authority.
- You like to develop new ideas and concepts, however the details and the execution of those ideas is something that you struggle with.
Positive Traits & Influences
Green is linked to an emotional response of feeling safe and secure. The green traffic light signals it’s safe to cross the road.
Surgeons and paramedics often wear green, it promotes health, well being and the power of healing. Natural health companies often use green as part of their logo and products.
Green encourages a quest for knowledge and understanding. It’s the color of wisdom and all seeing.
Like blue, green encourages peace, tranquility and none violence.
In America the color green is often associated with the color of money, which is not bad in itself. However the desire for wealth can lead to an obsession for wealth which becomes greed.
You have heard the phrase “Green with envy” or “Green eyed monster”. The color green is commonly associated with the emotion of jealously.
Shades of Green
Dark Green – Linked more to money/greed, ambition, traditional, conventional and seriousness.
Light Green – Associated with knowledge, life, energy, wisdom and fairness.