What is the psychology and meaning and common associations of the color pink, including the psychological effects of pink. What does it say about your personality if you like to wear pink or if it’s your favorite color?
The color pink in the western world is obviously associated with the female gender and femininity. It is also associated with love, caring and understanding.
Pink is made up from a combination of red and white which is where it gets some of its characteristics from. It gets its passion and energy from red and its peace and tranquility from white.
While red is more associated with passion and lust, Pink is a softer more caring color which is more associated with romance and love with a more sensitive side to it.
Meaning of Wearing Pink
To wear pink could be a sign of a need to express themselves and their femininity, likely to be looking for attention with a more extroverted fun seeking personality type. Perhaps an intuitive person who doesn’t pay much attention to the opinions of others and who doesn’t care too much about conforming to social norms. Probably an impulsive person that often acts before thinking.
Many men are wearing pink shirts these days. It’s now considered to be fashionable and modern. It would suggest that someone pays attention to trends and fashion. It shows that someone pays attention to whats going on around them, extroverted with a strong interest in how they’re being perceived by others.
Personality if Pink is your Favorite Color
- Your emotions are strong and you consider other peoples feelings, however your own feelings are easily hurt.
- You have strong female traits, very girly, it can sometimes seem innocent but also immature.
- You are optimistic and easily excitable, again this can sometimes seem immature.
- You are friendly with new people and happy to talk with almost anyone.
- You have idealistic views of romance and love, you love a classic love story.
- You are a very nurturing person, a natural carer or parent.
- You are not a very practical or analytical person.
Pink is a calming, relaxed and non threatening color, it’s more passive than red, without anger and aggression.
Pink has a caring, compassionate and affectionate influence on people. It’s associated with love, nurture, peace and romance.
Pink is a young color, without experience, innocent and naive which can lead to mistakes.
Too much emotion can be the enemy of practical and rational thinking, it can cause chaos and confusion.
Shades of Pink
Light Pink – Non threatening, light flirtation, feminine, playful, open and unconventional.
Dark Pink – Linked to nurturing, love, passion, more mature, responsible and confident.