Yellow is a primary color on the subtractive (RYB) and (CMY) color models.
Yellow is the brightest of all the colors, it’s the brightest color that the human eye can see.
When we see yellow we think of summer, sunshine, vacation and pleasant thoughts. It’s a happy color with many positive associations.
Like red, yellow is an attention grabber and an attractive color. It is also an energetic color. Sports drinks often have yellow in their packaging, it’s used to gain attention and also because it promotes feelings of energy.
Yellow is also connected to and encourages creativity, deep thinking and learning. Yellow is believed to stimulate the areas of the brain that are directly linked to logic and practical thinking.
Wearing yellow or owning a yellow car
If someone was to wear yellow clothes or buy a yellow car it could suggest that person has a naturally fun and playful personality. It could also suggest that they like to do things differently than other people. They don’t care so much about other people’s opinions or conforming to the norms of society. They don’t like to be conventional and they place high value on being unique. Possibly an extroverted personality that has a strong desire for attention and being noticed, or perhaps just a desire to express themselves and to be unique.
Is yellow your favorite color? what does it say about your personality?
- You are a creative person, you are often the one to come up with new ideas.
- You often have a cheerful personality, the fun person to be around.
- You make decisions quickly, often impulsive.
- You often put on a happy face, even in bad and stressful times.
- A perfectionist, which means you can be critical of yourself and others.
- You have a broad knowledge base, knowledge about many different subjects.
- You tend to give in to instant gratification, spending money, drinking or eating junk without thinking about the consequences.
- You have a lot of mental energy, quick thinker and a good puzzle solver.
Positive traits and influences of yellow
Yellow is linked to feelings of holidays and vacation. It encourages us to think of sun, beaches, fun, entertainment and relaxation.
It encourages energy and optimism. Yellow can improve morale and increase positive thinking.
Yellow promotes communication and openness, communication often means the difference between success and failure.
Clarity of thought
Analytical and methodical, helps with decision making and coming up with new ideas.
Yellow can lead to feelings of anxiety, nervousness and uncertainty.
Like green, yellow is also linked to jealousy and envy.
Other negative keywords associated with Yellow
Different shades of yellow
Light yellow – fun, joy, speed and energy.
Dark yellow – ill health, jealousy and unclean.