Is there any meaning or psychology to the color gray, does it have any influence on us and what does it say about your personality if gray is your favorite color, or if you like to wear gray or if you own a gray car?
Gray is a combination of white and black. It’s certainly not a flashy color, it doesn’t look for attention, it can be dull, depressing and uninspiring. The color gray can also be professional, modern looking, sleek, sophisticated and stylish. Like black gray can be used to help emphasize other colors.
Gray is neutral, unemotional and not a true color in itself. Gray is introverted, reserved and keeps itself to itself.
The color gray is also a color of maturity and responsibility, it’s often associated with old age and experience.
Wearing or Owning a Gray Car
It could mean that someone was introverted, reserved in character and they’re more than likely just looking to blend in with the crowd. It would suggest a professional and serious personality. Grey can also be a stylish color to wear, gray cars look modern and stylish, so it could indicate someone takes pride in their appearance without making a big deal about it. Grey cars are less common and conventional than silver, which could suggest a desire to be different and unique.
Personality if Gray is your Favorite Color
- You are a practical, down to earth person and responsible.
- You don’t like too much attention, you like to fade into the back ground.
- You have a desire to protect yourself, you often feel like you are in danger.
- You often feel like you are indifferent about situations and events, indecisive, happy to go in either direction.
- You are often unemotional, at times lack compassion and don’t make new friends easily.
- You find it difficult to get excited about things, sometimes lack enthusiasm and energy, except in doing the things that you are really interested in.
- You often appear and feel cool, composed, calm and stable.
Influences of Gray
Gray is calming and focused, it’s not loud or distracting which can help with concentration, and to clear the mind allowing you to think straight.
Gray is cold with no attachments, unemotional, none caring and also neutral.
On a negative side gray can be a sad and depressing color, depending on where and how it is used, gray can seem dull, old fashioned and boring.
Gray’s lack of substance can drain mental and physical energy, which is why it’s often used in combination with brighter colors.
Shades of Gray
Light Gray – Associated with calming, wisdom and enlightenment.
Dark Gray – Mysteriousness, suppression, formal and organization.