What is the meaning, psychology, influences and associations of the color blue, and if blue is your favorite color, or if you like to wear blue or drive a blue car what does it say about your motivations and general personality?
Blue is a primary color on the additive (Light) RGB and subtractive (Paint) RYB color models.
Blue is a favorite color for many people. Blue is associated with masculinity and a popular choice for men. In fiction blue is often represented as the color of good and red as the color of bad or evil.
Blue is also reserved and trust worthy and it’s not looking for attention. It’s a color often used in the emergency services and in hospitals which promotes calm and trust.
Blue also likes to do things its own way and it doesn’t conform well to the the wishes of others. Blue is a leader not a follower and likes organization.
Wearing blue or owning a blue car
Blue is not a flashy, stand out color so wearing blue or owning a blue car would normally suggests that someone is not looking for attention. They are probably reserved and introverted in character. Their decision making is inward focused with a serious nature. They care more about their own personal taste rather than the opinions of others, however this does depend on the shade of blue.
Dark blue suggests, seriousness, conventional and professionalism. Lighter, brighter shades show a stronger interest in appearance and being unique, they value being different.
What is your personality if blue is your favorite color?
- Honest, sincere, trusting and trustworthy, you have a strong desire to be trusted by others.
- You spend a great deal of time thinking, you think before you act, not naturally spontaneous or impulsive.
- You are very serious about any responsibilities that you may have.
- You enjoy peaceful moments and spending time by yourself to reflex on the days events.
- You have great knowledge in areas that interest you, however your knowledge base can be narrow or limited.
- You are normally of good sound mind without much emotion, however when your emotions do come in play, they can be difficult to control.
- You prefer to be in the back ground, not drawing attention to yourself.
- You like things to be tidy and organized, everything in its place.
- You are friendly, yet you are at your most comfortable in the company of close friends.
- Much time is spent thinking about the past and you are a sentimental person.
Positive traits and influences of blue
Blue is perceived as being a color of peace, safety and security. It’s a calming and relaxing color which signals that no danger is present.
Blue is often associated with intelligence and wisdom, studies suggest that blue is linked to clear thinking and concentration.
Blue is a confident yet none aggressive none threatening color, it implies strength and conviction while maintaining a relaxed composure.
It’s persistent and determined in its pursuits. It doesn’t give up and stays until the end.
Negative traits of blue
Blue can be rigid and finds change difficult, change is possible but it can be a slow process.
Because of blues lack of fondness for change it can be predictable and stuck in its ways.
Coldness, a lack of emotion and unfriendly are also keywords associated with the color blue.
Shades of Blue
Light Blue – Linked to healing, creativity, freedom, tranquility and calmness.
Dark Blue – Associated with seriousness, powerful and controlled.