Beige is a popular color in home decoration/Interior design, and what is the meaning and psychology of the color beige?
What color is Beige?
Beige comes from a combination of a light/pale gray, brown and yellow. However its most commonly considered to be a pale yellow color. Beige is not one exact color, much like Taupe it has varying shades and degrees of the color.
The word Beige originated in France around the mid ninetieth century. It was the color name given to the natural color of wool.
Home Decoration/Interior Design
Beige is a very popular color in home design and decoration. Beige provides a good balance of neutrality, calm and comfort which is ideal for the home.
To wear beige suggests a desire for comfort, neutrality and perhaps conformity. Someone is not looking to stand out, they want to blend in with the crowd.
It could also suggest a compulsion for cleanliness, similar to wearing white, however unlike white they are looking for something a little more comforting, perhaps with more emotion and life.
Wearing beige could also suggest a desire for the natural look, depending on the shade. Beige often blends with skin tones giving somewhat of a natural even naked look. This could suggest a desire for the natural in other areas of their life, for example a tilting towards natural and organic foods, limiting artificial cosmetics and air fresheners.
Personality if you like Beige
- You focus on the basic things in life, such as simple comforts, friends and family.
- You’re friendly, welcoming and helpful to others.
- You tend to prefer the conventional, not looking to stand out, you have a strong desire to be seen as normal, to be part of the majority.
- You’re not naturally impulsive, you like to plan before acting.
- You’re reserved in temperament, you often seek out your time alone to relax and recharge.
- You have compulsive tendencies for cleanliness.
Influences of Beige
Beige has relaxing and comforting influences.
Beige encourages, calmness, general neutrality and impartial thinking.