Indigo is created out of a combination of blue and violet/purple and falls somewhere into the middle of those colors.
Indigo shares many of its meanings with violet. It’s associated with mystical powers, intuition and higher levels of perception and different levels of consciousness.
Indigo is also linked to sincerity and having integrity, also knowledge, wisdom, fairness, conformity and traditional.
What does it mean to wear indigo?
Is it uncommon to see someone wearing indigo, which would suggest unconventional thinking, it would show a priority for being different. It would definitely indicate an intuitive inward thinking personality. Intuitive thinkers often have good imaginations and they are creative in some way.
Their need to express themselves would be greater than the need to fit in with the crowd. It’s a dark color so they would not particularly be looking for attention or wanting to be noticed. They would more than likely be thoughtful, intuitive, in touch with their emotions and introverted in personality with a strong desire to be different and to do things their own way.
The above only applies if someone has chosen indigo purposefully. However it’s easy to confuse the color of indigo with other dark shades of blue, like navy blue. If someone is just looking for a dark blue color, it would more than likely just suggest a serious personality type, not looking for attention and reserved in temperament. There maybe no or little desire for expression or creativity with a no nonsense, straight talking, functional, focus on the basics attitude to life.
Personality traits if indigo is your favorite color
- You have a fascination with the mysterious and the unknown.
- You like traditions and conformity, not what you would call a spontaneous person.
- You pride yourself on being honest and acting with integrity.
- You are very spiritual and seek wisdom on a deep inner level.
Influences of the color indigo
- It promotes deep thinking in a relaxing way and also encourages meditation.
- It promotes artistic thinking, it’s good for and often has connections to the performing arts.
- It can also influence us to conform to traditions which can be difficult to break out from.
- It can take away and drain physical energy and discourages spontaneous behaviors and decision making.